After finding some old broccoli in the fridge and a sweet potato not large enough to make some lovely fries, I decided I would love a salty and crispy snack! This is such a simple and super easy recipe, anyone can do it. All you need is a vegetable peeler, a microwave and some tasty veggies!
These healthy alternatives to crisps are entertaining to prepare, but are so worth it, you can choose whichever flavour you like, you could even try sweet crisps if you’re brave enough! On this lovely spring weekend I chose salt and paprika, to satisfy me during revision!
- Vegetables – I chose Sweet potato and broccoli but you could use anything such as beetroot, carrot, parsnip, cauliflower, kale and more
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Flavours (optional: paprika, cumin, cinnamon etc.)
- Using a vegetable peeler, create thin vegetable ribbons
- Lay the pieces out on a plate and drizzle over the oil, add the salt and flavours
- Once they are covered in your chosen spices- although I would recommend covering them with just oil and salt- place them in the microwave for 3 minutes on a high power.
- After this, they should be almost crisps, turn them all over and blast in one minute sessions, taking off the crispy ones with each interval till you have a bowl full of yummy snacks!
- Serve and enjoy, although perfectly tasty on their own, dipping them in houmous is a particularly delicious way of eating them too!
Once these crisps are out of the microwave they are so hard to resist, in my house they lasted about 5 minutes!
If you give this microwave crisp recipe a try, take a picture and let me know using the hashtag #courgettiblogetti or tag me @laura_elfes on Instagram or @courgettiblog on twitter or Facebook! Thank you for reading this Easter post!